photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WHAT I THOUGHT OF SEPTEMBER'S GLOSSYBOX 2012

I know this is not the most up to date Glossybox but I thought it would be a good idea to review the products I have used up in the box instead of just showing you what I received in my box that month. I am also doing my dissertation around the beauty box concept so it's helpful for me to view each section of the box and look back on it.
September's box was designed by Maggie Li a London based up-and-coming illustrator. I love the design and have since put it to good use on my desk and filled it with any jewellery that was just sitting around.
Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance - Fullsize 30ml, £25.00 - Ever since this product was released I wanted to test it, as I was so intrigued by the black liquid. I did wonder if the scent was going to be like some other sickly sweet Celebrity fragrances and not to my taste, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really like this fragrance, I don't know if I like it enough to buy the full-size for myself, but the sample went straight into my handbag and is on it's last legs as I write this. I think it's a great little innovation how the liquid comes out clear on your skin. 
Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum - Fullsize 25ml, £127.00 - I'd heard a lot about this wonder product before using it, so I was expecting great things from it. Obviously, at the age of 21 I'm not the best person to test this product for results with fine lines and wrinkles. But I did see a visible difference in my skin's appearance and it has got me interested in discovering more affordable serums that I can use in my night time skincare routine.
Rodial 5 Minute Facial - Fullsize 50ml, £35.00 - This is my ideal product to receive in a Glossybox. I love any kind of pamper products and I found that with this mask. Again this product helps with ageing skin, but I loved the clay texture of this and felt this gave me similar results. I have seen a cheaper alternative which I'm tempted to try by Botanicals which is under £5 at the moment in Boots. 
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - 15ml £20.00 - I'm so glad I received this product as I had just run out of a tube I received in a past magazine. I've really enjoyed using this product , I feel it does brighten up your eye area and it is very soothing on the skin. I would definitely repurchase the full-size after my second tube runs out as the 7ml lasts me a fair few months, so I feel it's very good value for money.
Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream, Fullsize 50ml, £22.00 - This is another skincare item which I have fallen in love with and featured in one of my favourites posts. This moisturiser is for normal to combination skin and smells just like raspberries! I have enjoyed applying this every morning and I feel it helps to illuminate my skin and sooth any dry patches I may have. I would repurchase this as it is the first Vichy product I have tried and I am very impressed by the quality of this day cream.
Maghrabian Hair Oil, Fullsize 50ml, £13.00 - I love trying any kind of oil treatments on my hair, it is definitely a nice treat and leaves my hair feeling so soft and in the best state it could be in. It removes any frizz and protects the ends of your hair. I'm not so keen on the scent, I find it quite 'manly'. But it is a lovely intensive treatment for your hair. 
As you can see I pretty much loved every single product inside September's Glossybox. Which product did you enjoy the most? I was lucky enough to recently win the Glossybox Pinterest Competition in collaboration with DrJart! and received one of three lovely DrJart Boxes with four product from their new skincare range. I will be sure to update you on how I got on with those, but to view my winning Pinterest Board click here.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment