photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

JULY GLOSSYBOX 2014 - STARS & STRIPES

This month’s Glossybox is covered with the American Flag and contains American brands from around the country. I love the bright starred box and will definitely keep it and have it on display in my room. I have been a Glossybox subscriber for a few years now, you can subscribe here.
Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick, 3.5g £20.00 - This is a full-size lipstick,  I got the shade Mandarina. I love the orangey red shade which is really summery. I haven’t tried much or heard much of the brand but it’s nice to try something a little different. They are formulated with natural waxes, mineral pigments, iron oxides and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. I have found this lovely and moisturising and long lasting too. The mineral pigments provide natural protection from the sun, which is great for this summer sun. The product seems to be of good quality, giving you a vibrant colour and the scent is nice too. It doesn’t feel like you have lipstick on as it’s so lightweight, very impressed! Not sure of the £20.00 price tag though.
Pur Minerals Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Masque, 120g £18.00 - I am a face mask junkie, especially when it comes to clay masks. This mask unclogs pores, cleanses skin and gently exfoliates. It gets rid of impurities and removes dead skin cells for fresher more radiant looking skin. I like to leave this on for 10 minutes as a weekly treat and rinse with warm water. This is a sample size product, but you do get quite a few applications in the tube. The colour of the masque is brown when it comes out and drys instantly on your face, the scent isn't over powering and it's easy to remove with water. You can buy this in Marks & Spencer's Beauty Hall.
Color Club Glossy Seal Nail Polish, 15ml £8.00 - I have tried these polishes before from Birchbox. They have a great formulation, fun shades for summer and are very long lasting on the nails. I bought a summer set last year and loved that, so I would really recommend the brand. The formulation is made from non-toxic, cruelty free ingredients. The shade which is included in the box is called ‘Glossy Seal’ which is exclusive to the July Glossybox.
Carmex Lip Balm, 7.5g £2.69 - This is a cult lip product which I have used many times before. It really helps to nourish my lips and restore any chapped areas. Not the most exciting product as I’m sure most people have tried this before. The formula contains menthol, camphor and beeswax, which conditions my lips back to a good base to apply lip products without looking messy.
Absolute New York Perfecting Eye shadow Primer, 7.9g £4.99 - I do have to make sure I use an eye shadow primer as I have oily skin and want my make-up to stay put. It’s oil-free, really creamy and evens skin tone before you apply eye shadow. It helps to keep eye shadow crease-free and helps the pigmentation to appear stronger and lasts longer. I like to use this to hide veins and redness around the eye area, it’s also really blendable. This is another full-size product, it's nice to see so many in one box!
This box wasn’t outstanding for me but I did have a few key products I have been enjoying. My favourite products being the Color Club nail polish and the Pur Minerals Clay Mask. I have liked Glossybox’s themed boxes before but I think the box design wins over the contents inside.
Are you subscribed to Glossybox?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment