photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

FIVE AUTUMN BEAUTY FAVOURITES - OCTOBER 2014

As the the nights are getting colder and darker my beauty routine has started to change to suit the Season. Last week I was in 30+ degree weather on holiday and now I'm back in rainy England, so my skin and shade preferences have adjusted dramatically and my skin needs more looking after. I have started to bring out the heavier scents as I wear lighter fragrances in the Summer. One of my favourite to wear during the day or evening is the Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. I love the original Alien fragrance, but this one is more musky, woody and just reminds me of Autumn. The scent is intense and deep, it's main notes are Jasmine, Vanilla and White Amber. The fragrance stays around for hours and I love the shape of the bottle and liquid amber colour.
My skin starts to get drier as the weather gets colder and one of the main product I reach for it the Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment. This is a sample size I got in a Christmas set and it does wonders for your hands! It's not too thick a formula and doesn't leave a greasy film on your hands either. The scent is a nice light, orange blossom scent and I like to use this on my hands as well as any other dry areas like my elbows and knees. This is a handy sized bottle to throw in my handbag and I think this would make a great gift for Christmas!
I like to wear a higher coverage foundation in the colder months. My favourite higher end foundation has to be the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, which I have loved for a few years now. This gives a lovely, flawless base which looks natural but can be built up to a full satin coverage. It has light-reflective properties which cause fine lines and wrinkles to optically vanish. I like that this foundation stays around all day and the shade Soft Ivory matches my fair skin tone perfectly as my tan fades.
My make-up preferences have also changes to darker, vampy shades instead of the bright lips and nails I was sporting in Summer. The Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains have fast become one of my favourite lip products to apply. I currently have three shades, but this is my Autumn favourite in Parisian Passion which I mostly like to wear in the evenings. They're easy to apply, create bold colour and lasts on the lips for hours. I have done a full blog post on these here. My nails have also been painted in berry shades, I especially like this Butter London Nail Lacquer in Shambolic which is a lovely sparkly, glitter purple. I bought this in a set which comes with a matching lip gloss. I think this lip and nail combo would look great together!
What are your favourite products this Autumn?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment