photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Friday, April 03, 2015

SPRING CLEAN BEAUTY PRODUCT EMPTIES

These are the products I have been loving and using up most recently.
Haircare...Hair products are probably the products I use up the most regularly as I am always changing up my shampoo and styling products. KMS HairPlay Playable Texture, full-size 200ml £11.25 - I had never tried any KMS products before receiving them in a beauty box. This product is a texturising spray, which I like to use when styling my hair. This product gives my hair weightless styling and lasting pliable finish. It can also be used in wet hair as it can be used as a prep spray before blow drying, but I prefer to use it after to help build the style further. I really like the way it makes my layers look and the size was great for travel and my handbag. Would I repurchase? Yes, I need to try some more KMS products. Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo 300ml & Conditioner 250ml, for the set £23.60 - I'm a big fan of Redken haircare and have gone through quite a few of their ranges including; All Soft and Blonde Idol. I have been wanting to try the Diamond Oil range for a while as they are ideal for dull, damaged hair. The formula helps to strengthen, replenish and protects your hair. My hair definitely feels stronger and shiner after using these. Read my full review hereWould I repurchase? Yes, I would definitely use these again. Toni & Guy Casual Rough Texturiser, 200ml £7.19 - I brought this in a Toni & Guy Christmas Set that I managed to pick up in the sale. I always like to use some sort of texturising spray in my hair, but I hadn't used this one before. I really liked the casual, dishevelled matt finish this product gave to my hair. It claims to provide instant root lift and even a backcombed effect. Products like this are so easy to use, as you just work it through with your fingers. Would I repurchase? Yes, I was really pleased with the results. KMS FreeShape Quick Blow Dry, full-size 2ooml £11.45 - This product is a duo phase heat protectant that I received in a beauty box. This product is formulated to make your blow dry quicker, speeding up the time of drying by up to 50%. It also reduces friction while conditioning lightly, whilst also providing protection from heat. I really liked this product, I got on really well with it. Would I repurchase? Yes I need to repurchase this, when I have used up some of my other leave in conditioners, I am definitely a KMS convert.
Skincare...I could talk about skincare all day long, I know trying new products aren't always good for your skin so I like to treat my skin to a few of my favourite products every now and again. Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cream, full-size 50ml £50.00 - Origins as you know is my favourite skincare brand, I go on about them in most of my blog posts. But I had never tried anything from the Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Mushroom range before, I brought a Mega-Mushroom Christmas set in the sale. As my skin is quite oily, I don't normally like a thick moisturiser, I prefer a gel like formula. But this face cream was so rich and luxurious on my skin. I liked to apply this in the evenings, it instantly calmed any redness and sensitivity and hydrated my skin at the same time. Would I repurchase? It was a lovely moisturiser, but £50.00 for the full-size tub is quite pricey, I think I will stick to my Make A Difference treatment. Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, 30ml £6.99 - I really like this primer from Rimmel. For the price, it's so affordable to what it is. You get 30ml of product which lasts for ages and it definitely does a great job of smoothing and resurfacing my face before I apply my base products. It also brightens my skin, as well as keeping my oily skin at bay. I feel my foundation stays around for much longer when I apply this and it protects my skin from breakouts. Would I repurchase? Yes, I already have.  Soap & Glory Drama Clean Micellar Cleansing Water, 200ml £6.00 - I was so excited when this was released. I'm a big fan of Soap & Glory and was so happy to see something new in the range. A lot of brands have released micellar waters, but this one was great at getting rid of most of my make-up and daily dirt before cleansing fully. I am not a big fan of the scent, Peach and extracts of natural cucumber juice, it is nice and fresh, but I normally like my cleansers not to smell too strong. Read my full review hereWould I repurchase? Maybe, but it's not my favourite. Origins Make A Difference Plus+ Treatment Lotion, full-size 150ml £20.00 - I really like to apply this product in the evenings after using a toner. It helps to refresh my skin and I always notice a difference after I've used this. I apply a little bit on to a cotton pad and swipe it over my face, it just lets me know I haven't got any leftover make-up on my skin. My skin is left hydrated and ready to be moisturised. I always pick up these mini sizes in Christmas gift sets and haven't had to buy a full-size yet. Would I repurchase? Yes, I'm on to my next bottle. Clarins Daily Energiser Cream, 30ml £18.45 - This moisturiser is great to use in the mornings as a little pick me up. It really does help to energise the skin and awaken me ready for the day ahead. I love the glass jar it comes it and it's the perfect consistency for my skin. It's more of a gel type moistuser which my skin adores. It leaves my skin super soft and prepped ready for my make-up. Would I repurchase? Yes I would.
Bodycare & Other...Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, 75ml £4.99 - This was a great little innovation when this first hit the market. The idea of just dipping your finger into a pot and the nail polish was gone was such a genius beauty tool which didn't need you to faff around with cotton pads and spilling it everywhere. I really liked using this at first, it got rid of my nail polish quickly and it does condition your nails with almond oil at the same time. After using this for quite a while, the solution gets really dirty and your nails come out still with polish on. Would I repurchase? I think they are great for travel, but don't last long enough for me. Queen Of... Shaving gel Pina Colada Twist, 150ml £4.29 - I'm not going to lie, I did just buy this for the Pina Colada scent, but I have tried this shaving gel before in another scent and really enjoyed it. The tropical scent was lovely and the formulation comes out like a gel which is really moisturising on my legs. It gives me protection from the razor and it doesn't leave any irritations. My legs feel super smooth after shaving. Would I repurchase? Yes, I normally pick these up on offer in Supermarkets. Soap & Glory Foam Call Body Wash, 500ml £6.50 - I have raved so many times about Soap & Glory shower gels before, I always have one on the go. This scent is a fruity one which has notes of frozen yuzu, orange oil, green fig, and jungle pomelo essence. The scent would be perfect to use on a summers day or on holiday. I find the formula really moisturising and I love the massive pump bottles. Would I repurchase? Always. Make Believe Gradual Self Tan, 200ml £15.60 - I have been using this gradual self tan for years. I'm not a big fake tan user but when I do I like to use something that will give me a gradual golden glow instead of a full on tan. This comes out white and doesn't go streaky at all, I like the scent as it's not too over powering and it seems to last about a week before I need to reapply. This is also great to use after a holiday to top-up your natural tan so it stays around for longer. I like to apply this with a mitt as nobody likes orange hands. Wax Lyrical Gingerbread Reed Diffuser, 50ml £6.00 - I have never used a reed diffuser before in my bedroom, but my Mum picked me up this just before Christmas because she knows I love everything Gingerbread. This was lovely to use throughout Christmas, it smells exactly like gingerbread so it filled up my whole bedroom and I could smell it everytime I walked into the room. I was really impressed with the scent as the diffuser is quite small. It also lasted a long time, so is perfect if you're looking for something to give a room a nice scent. Would I repurchase? Definitely, I will have to have a look at the other scents.
Have you tried any of these products?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment