photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Saturday, May 23, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED ON THE RUN LIMITED EDITION PALETTE

Urban Decay has long been one of my favourite makeup brands since I was a teenager. I have loved Urban Decay eyeshadows and think they're the best formulation and have the best colour range on the market. The Naked palettes are some of my most used palettes, the newest palette is called Naked On The Run which is limited edition and includes a whole face of make-up in one. It contains five eyeshadows, a travel sized Perversion Mascara, a travel size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade Stag, a full-size Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in the shade Sesso, a bronzer, a blusher and a highlighter. This palette is perfect for travel as it means all you need is this and your base products, you can create quite a few different looks from day to night. I featured this in my Spring Beauty Wish List post here and finally caved and had to have it in my collection. Urban Decay actually say the palette comes with six eyeshadows, including an extra large dose of 5050 the perfect all-over shade but I like to use this as a highlighter as well. The eyeshadow shades from left to right are; Dive, Fix, Resist, Dare and Stun which are all new shades. Dive is a metallic rose/golden shimmer, Fix is a soft taupe matte shade, Resist is a medium metallic taupe, Dare is a medium brown matte shade and Stun is a metallic bronze/light gold shimmer. I like that you can create quite a few different eye looks, from pinks to golds and I even use the matte shades through my eyebrows. You can build the colour of these shadows, they're so buttery and easy to blend. I think it's great that you can change up the lip colour or eyeliner if you have other shades in your collection. And now Urban Decay have started selling the travel-sized mascara separately, which means when you run out of the current one you can replace the gap without leaving it empty. I also really like the Lipglosses (I have reviewed a different shade on my blog here), I love the unique longer applicator, the minty taste and the high shine finish they create, without feeling sticky. The shade Sesso is a lovely rose pink with shimmer and the Eye pencil is a deep brown satin shade, so nice to have something different to black. I was a little scared of the bronzer/blusher, the bronzer looks a little orange in the pan, but transfers beautifully onto my skin and blends out effortlessly. The blush creates a lovely pop of colour to the cheeks and this is a really wearable shade.
I really like the packaging, it is a little chunky but it's lightweight and does contain so many products! It includes a generous sized mirror and I really like the rose gold shiny Safari inspired outer packaging which is a bit more upmarket than the original Naked palettes. This would be ideal to take away if you only had room for a carry-on. Urban Decay have definitely got it right again! It's such a wearable palette, I can see myself getting so much use out of this. I like that their all new shades so you won't already own them in your collection and have duplicates. The palette is priced at £37.00 and is limited edition, so who knows how long it will be around for. I'm also so excited about Urban Decay's new Revolution High Colour Lip glosses and Afterglow Eight-hour Powder Blushers, I will definitely have to try these next!
Have you tried Naked On The Run?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment