photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, July 26, 2015

SELFRIDGES SUMMER BEAUTY BOX

There have been so many beauty boxes this month which have caught my eye that I don’t need to go beauty shopping for a very long time! I have brought Selfridges beauty boxes in the past, they normally put together 2 or 3 a year, but the most recent boxes haven’t made me want to buy them, until this one. This limited edition Summer Ready Beauty Box is exclusive to Selfridges and contains 13 beauty essentials including skincare and makeup products. I'm surprised this is still available online as I can imagine it being very popular!
The beauty box, came in a Selfridges presentation box and then all the product came inside a canvas make-up bag from Alphabet Bags. I couldn't believe the size of the bag and I love the summer quote on the side, ‘I've got 99 problems, but a beach ain't one’. I will be taking this on holiday next week with me for all my poolside essentials like sun cream and books.
The box includes the Starskin Instaglam Foam Peel Perfect and the Starskin After Party Brightening Face Mask which I have never tried before. Instaglam is a disposable, foaming, peeling puff that gets rid of dead skin cells to reveal radiant looking skin. After Party is a Coconut Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Brightening face mask that contains a powerful serum complex to leave skin luminous and brightened. The translucent, cooling sheet mask is packed full of Vitamin C and Herbal Medley which works to reduce visible dark spots and even skin tone, I'm very excited to use this one! Another skincare product included was the Rodial Dragons Blood Sculpting Gel. This is an anti-ageing formula which helps to volumise and defines facial contours. It reduces redness and is ideal for sensitive and stressed skin. There was also a product I have tried before, the Caudalie Grape Water which is designed to soothe and refresh the skin. It’s made from 100% natural organic grapes and is suitable for all skin types. This product is quickly absorbed and can be used multiple times per day, so great if you need to cool down in the heat.
Also inside were the Ribband Sorbet Hair Ties in gorgeous pastel colours. I have been after some of these for a while now, they come in a pack of four and I think they'd be great for tying my hair up on holiday by the pool. Another hair product in the beauty box was the Tangle Teezer in Original Blue. I have quite a few Tangle Teezers but I think they come in really handy and it’s great to have one in your handbag, one in your gym bag and one on your dressing table. It’s so easy to untangle your hair with these, I'll definitely be chucking this in my beach bag!
The next product I was excited about was the James Read Day Tan SPF15. This is a day cream that gives you colour as well as instant moisturisation. You can build up a subtle, sun kissed glow which can be used all year round as well as being protected from the sun at the same time. On the make-up side was the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner, this eyeliner creates bold lines and long-lasting colour. The tip is flexible enough to create winged flicks, it delivers a smudge-proof finish but is easy to blend before drying for smoky eyes. Most beauty boxes seem to contain a Nails Inc Gel Nail Vanish at the moment. I received the shade Chiltern Street which is a lovely milky pink. The formula applies nicely and leaves a high shine finish, as well as being long lasting on the nails.
Something for the lips was the Illamasqua Lipstick in the shade Luster which a gorgeous candy pink. I have a couple of Illamasqua lip colours now from beauty boxes. These lipsticks are highly pigmented, long-lasting, moisturising on the lips and leaves a satin finish. There was also a mini Nars Lipgloss in the box in the shade Orgasm. This is so cute and a great handbag size. This lipgloss is really wearable and can be worn alone or look great over any lip product.
During the summer months, it can be a task to keep your makeup in place all day, that’s where the Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray comes in. I have been wanting to try this for a while now, since loving the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. The stand out product for me in this box was the Clarins Eau des Jardins Smoothing Body Cream. When I first applied this I fell in love with the scent, it’s beautiful!
The content of this box has the combined value of £176, so for the retail price of £40.00 I think this is a great deal! It's a little pricer than other beauty boxes but the Alphabet Bag is worth £20.00 on its own. I know I will get great use from all the products inside, I wish Selfridges did more regular boxes.
Have you been tempted by the Selfridges Beauty Box?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment