photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

TIM WALKER STORY TELLER - SOMERSET HOUSE

On a recent trip down to London, I visited Somerset House to see Tim Walker's Story Teller Exhibition. I have always found his Photography work really inspiring, so it was great to see his most famous pieces first hand and the stories behind them. Most of his work reminds me of childhood and fairy tales. One of my favourite photos of his is of Alexander McQueen and a smoking skull. The exhibition features a selection of 175 images, with giant, surreal props like the one above. The surroundings of the gallery is the ideal setting, with the ice rink and christmas tree ready for the winter season. The exhibition is on until January 27th 2013 and a book is also available supporting his imaginative vision. 



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. As lovely as this does look, that doll is absolutely terrifying, I couldn't have stayed in the same room as him haha! Hope you had a fab time !xx

    aanditsallaboutme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I can see how some people might not like the look of her :)x

      Delete