photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

LICHTENSTEIN: A RETROSPECTIVE - TATE MODERN, LONDON

Pop Art has to be one of my favourite Art styles of the 20th century. After studying Roy Lichtenstein's work at school I have always been fascinated with the character of his art, so this exhibition was right up my street. The Tate Modern shows a whole range of his work, with the main focus being on his iconic 1960's comic-book scenes. There are also lesser known works, drawings, sculptures and smaller looser paintings which add another dimension to his career. His work also explores art history, treating Matisse and Picasso just as he treated comic books - as elements in a common visual vocabulary. There are 125 pieces being shown, which is the largest exhibition of his work in 20 years. The exhibition is on from the 21st February to the 27th May. I would really recommend seeing Lichtenstein's work for yourself or watching the documentary about the exhibition from BBC4 here

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. AHH I wish I could go! Lichtenstein is my favourite! <3

    ReplyDelete