photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

FEBRUARY BEAUTY PRODUCT EMPTIES 2013

Another empties post for you this month, I have really been enjoying using products up. I like to do my research on products before I buy them, so I'm rarely disappointed with the results of my spending. It seems this post contains lots of affordable hair care items that need to go back on my repurchase list...
V05 Hot Oil Moisture Soak Elixir, 75ml £4.29 - I can't get enough of this product! You simply apply it before washing your hair and leave it on for up to one minute. On the side of the bottle there are indicators for how much to use, (up to 5 treatments.) This is great for dry/damaged hair as it reconstructs rebellious hair and you can notice the difference from first use. Would I repurchase? Yes, I need to stock up. 
The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner, 250ml £4.50 each - I bought this shampoo and conditioner mainly because of the scent, it smells good enough to eat! But after a few washes, I was really impressed with the condition of my hair. They left my blonde hair feeling silky and really helped to boost my highlights. Would I repurchase? I don't tend to buy many products from The Body Shop but I would definitely buy these again and maybe I will look into other hair products from them. 
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, Full size 384.5ml £5.99 - Another product bought because of the scent.This product contains coconut milk and whipped egg white proteins that help to add strength and elasticity to the hair. The product is thick and creamy, but it didn't leave my hair weighing down at all, which I was surprised about! Would I repurchase? Yes, I am currently using the shampoo and conditioner in my shower.
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter, 300ml £10.50 - This is one of my holy grail products, I always have a tub of this stashed away for days when my dry skin is crying out for attention. The product has the 'Original Pink' scent which everyone loves and it soaks into the skin like a dream. Would I repurchase? Yes, but I am currently using Smoothie Star Body Milk from Soap & Glory. 
Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub, Full size 300ml £7.00 - I received this product in a Christmas gift set. I hadn't really been bothered about this product before, again it has the same 'Original Pink' fragrance. But I loved using this little tub up, the product isn't as harsh as other scrubs in the range. The mini sizes are great for travel! Would I repurchase? Yes, I need to get my hands on a big tub of this.
Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head £21.00 - This product came with my Clarisonic Mia. I was impressed with this brush at the start, but after using the Deep pore brush head on my skin I have been converted to that one. But I do think this brush is great for starting out and getting your skin used to the Clarisonic. Would I repurchase? No, my skin is enjoying the Deep pore brush so I'm going to stick with that.
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, Full size 15ml £20.00 - I received these samples in a magazine and a Glossybox. This is probably the first eye cream I have enjoyed using in a long time. I loved using it within my skincare routine, it was really gentle on my skin and helped to sooth and brighten the area any time I had tired eyes. Would I repurchase? Yes, after I have used some of my other products in my stash I would definitely go back to this one.
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Intensive Mask, 200ml £2.50 - This is a product I repurchase if it's on offer as I know my hair loves the stuff! Of course it has a yummy coconut scent, but this affordable treatment really helps dry/damaged hair transform into healthy, manageable hair especially at the tips! Would I repurchase? Yes.
Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel, 100g £4.45 - This is also a product I received in a gift set, I don't think I would have purchased it myself separately. I did like the scent of this, it is quite a mature, mediterranean scent. But I didn't really get along with the consistency, it's quite a thin texture and you have to shake the bottle to mix it with the olive oil. Would I repurchase? No, but I want to check out other shower gels from Lush. 
Batiste Dry Shampoo Graffiti and Lace, 200ml £2.99 each - These products are old school necessities, I will always have a bottle of this lying around somewhere in my room. I must admit I do love the V05 version a little more, but you can't go wrong with a bottle of this on the go. I really like the lace one. Would I repurchase? Yes, so handy!
Naked Blonder Lightening Shampoo, 250ml £3.98 - I really enjoy Naked products, this is the first hair product I have used from them. I was impressed, I mean it's nothing outstanding, but I did notice a sun-kissed look to my highlighted hair. The scent is lovely and it's nice to know there are no nasties in the bottle. Would I repurchase? Yes...maybe, I am still using the conditioner up.
What have you been using up recently?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. great post! love s&g products! new follower btw (:

    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com

    xx S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana shampoo - amazing!

    Be great if you could check out my latests posts on my: Boohoo Global Styler entry & BeeJewels curb chain necklace review

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batiste dry shampoo is my ultimate go-to product on lazy days haha such a shame its so expensive here in aus! Love the blog by the way - you have a new follower! xx

    beautifulbenefit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete