photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, July 06, 2014

BIRCHBOX JUNE 2014 - GLOBAL STRIKERS

I am still quite new to Birchbox, but I have really been enjoying what their boxes have to offer. June's box was based around the World Cup, but still keeping it girly of course. I love the Brazil inspired colours of the packaging. I’m not a big football fan, but the products inside can be from any of the countries competing, which I think is a nice touch. I subscribed to Birchbox when they had an offer, so I only pay £10 a month for four products instead of the normal £12.95 price for five products plus a lifestyle product.
BeautyBlender and BlenderCleanser Solid, £26.00 – I was very excited to see this beauty tool in the box. I have always wanted to try this but have been put off by the price and instead have tried out dupes like the cosmopolitan and real techniques cheaper versions. This is great to buff in base products including foundations, BB creams and concealers. You use it by wetting it first and squeezing out the water. It’s great at getting to the hard to reach places and smaller areas brushes might not cover. It also comes with a cleanser which means you can use the blender over and over again and it goes back to its normal shape. I still like to use my brushes but I find this is great for putting on concealer around the eye area.
OPI Nail polish, Sets from £14.50 – Following the theme of the World Cup, OPI have introduced a Brazil collection featuring many vivid hues inspired by tropical rain forests and warm sandy beaches. I received a sample of the shade ‘I'm Brazil Nuts Over You’ a bright summery, chilli pink. I love the formulation of OPI polishes, these mini bottles are so cute!
Caudalie Divine Oil from £18.00 – This is a product I have used before and loved. I find this oil really moisturising and the scent is lovely, it sinks in really fast and a little goes a long way. It can be used on the body, face, nails and hair so it is a great multi-use product. I have also used the scrub and candle in the range which also have heavenly scents. Also a great sized sample, but not so great for travelling because of the glass bottle.
Coola Classic Face SPF 30, £26.00 – Day to day I do admit I don’t go out of my way to apply SPF. I normally rely on SPF in foundation and use face SPF when on holiday or when the weather ever cheers up. As I have fair skin I do worry about being in the sun for too long, so this is a handy sample to have for travelling or to have in my handbag. It leaves no white residue and has a lovely, refreshing cucumber scent.
I had also earnt £10.00 worth of points by reviewing my past boxes so was able to redeem these in the Birchbox shop. I chose to buy one of the new Benefit lip balms in Posiebalm, so it only cost me £4.50. Another way Birchbox lets you try new products at a bargain price. I've really been enjoying this product this month.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment