photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Friday, July 18, 2014

CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAKEUP - CHEEK TO CHIC BLUSHER & BAR OF GOLD HIGHLIGHTER

I have wanted to try Charlotte Tilbury make up for a while now, she launched her collection into Selfridges last year. I bought these items from the online store as I don’t live near a Selfridges store. I could have brought everything from her collection but I decided to plump for two items; The Bar of Gold Highlighter which I believe is limited edition and one of the Cheek to Chic – Swish & Pop Blusher in the shade Love Glow, which I have been lusting over for ages.
The light reflecting highlighter creates sculpted cheekbones and glowing skin. I like to brush this on to cheekbones, temples, nose, cupid’s bow and decolletage. It’s the perfect gold shimmer and comes in such cute packaging. It’s not the same stunning, luxury packaging that most of the collection comes in. The highlighter is priced at £30.00 for 5.5g of product, you would expect for the price of the product it would come in a sturdier casing, but this is the only downfall to the product. I love my skin to look dewy and this is the ideal product to make it happen. Charlotte shows you in the video (below) to concentrate on the C-shape that hugs the eye area, right up to the temples. She also gives the great tip of putting the highlighter in the corner of your eyes, which I will be trying. This would be great to use on a holiday as you can use this on the body too. The website says it's the last chance to buy this product, which is a shame, but get it when you can!
The blusher is fool proof, Charlotte has made it easier to apply colour in the right places by producing a product which has one coral shade round the side and a more prominent pink shade in the middle. You use it by putting the lighter colour on your upper cheeks and then the pop of colour on the apples of the cheeks. I love the packaging of the blushers, a cute little compact with a mirror and you seem to get a generous amount of product. This blusher is priced at £30.00 for 8g of product. The shade is a lovely, pink coral, which creates a gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. In the video (below), the blusher really gives life to the models cheeks and I'm really impressed with the pigmentation and lux finish.
The products in the collection aren't cheap, but you’re paying for a make-up artists collection, so I feel the quality and brains behind each product justify the price tag. If I continue to enjoy these products I will be excited to try more from the range. I have my eye on the beach sticks and the wonderglow beauty balm.
Have you tried anything from the Charlotte Tilbury collection?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment