photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Saturday, July 12, 2014

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - THE LOLITA PALETTE

I have been eyeing up the Marc Jacobs beauty collection from the minute it came out. The collection is currently not available in the UK, so when I was on Italian soil I was adamant that I had to find a Sephora and choose something to try. I actually ended up going into three Sephora’s to find the Lolita palette which has been popular amongst beauty bloggers, and only one store had it in stock. My love for beauty has grown over the years and my collection has grown along with it. My one weakness has to be eye shadow palettes – especially nudes, as they are too pretty not to have in my collection.
The Lolita palette has a range of nude shades and for me appeared to be the most wearable. The palette has seven shadows which are really pigmented and long wearing. The set contains a matte off-white cream, matte nude, matte dark coffee brown, metallic warm pink with iridescent glitter, iridescent champagne pink sheen, light peach sheen, rosy copper sheen, swatches below. 
My only wish was that the different colours had cute names like the palettes themselves. There are four other palettes in the range including; The Vamp, The Tease, The Starlet and The Siren.
There are so many looks you can create from this palette, taking day looks with just one wash of colour to night by creating more of a smokey eye. The shadows are buttery, blend really easily and are crease resistant with a primer. The palette feels really luxurious and with seven shadows works out at good value for money at $59. I’m in love with the black sleek packaging which is so stylish and compact. The palette also comes in a little pouch which is great for travelling. I’m not a big fan of the applicator that comes with it, but I just use one of my normal make-up brushes.
After getting my first taste of Marc Jacobs, I’m pretty excited to try more from the collection. After seeing Estee’s (essiebutton) Sephora Haul video, I am now lusting over the MASSIVE bronzer in the collection. Sephora now ship to the UK but you have to spend a minimum of $75 to get the $10 shipping rate, I guess that’s easily done. Keeping on my eye shadow obsession, I am also lusting after the new Bobbi Brown Surf & Sand Eye Palette and Mac's Cool/Warm x15 Pan Palettes, I need to stop myself!
Have you tried anything from the Marc Jacobs beauty line?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment