photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Monday, August 18, 2014

BOOK REVIEW - WE WERE LIARS BY E.LOCKHART

Published – 13/05/14 Publisher – Hot Key Books
Pages – 240 Genre – Young Adult/Contemporary
Synopsis – 
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends - the Liars - whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.
We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

My Thoughts – After hearing a lot of hype about this book, I decided to give it a go. This is a coming of age story which reflects on topics such as race, background, wealth and relationships. The writing style is really unique and made me read more and more. Quick sentences and even quicker chapters, although I know this isn't for everyone. The events left me shocked and shows how life can seem pretty good on the outside, but you know something's not right and you have to keep reading to find out. For me, the last part of the story made it for me, you are left guessing what has happened to the main character and it all becomes clear nearer the end. I feel like I should read this again and really appreciate the earlier part of the story more, before the plot unravels itself. I also really liked the way the author used fairy tales to describe the story. It's worth a read, don't let anyone spoil it for you.
My Rating - 4/5
Follow my reviews on Goodreads.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment