photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, August 31, 2014

GLOSSYBOX 3RD ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY EDITION - AUGUST 2014

I have been a subscriber of Glossybox for quite some time now, and this August they celebrated their 3rd Birthday. It's a fab concept which has reached beauty lovers from around the world and the brand continue to improve the service they share with us every month. To be honest I was a bit underwhelmed by this months box, I know you shouldn't compare your box against others, but I felt this month just wasn't for me. I'm always happy with my Glossybox and always feel I get value for money, but for a Birthday box nothing really stood out for me. The box design also changed this month, as well as the information card, which I think is nice to change up from now and then. On to what was inside;
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, 40ml £38.00 full-size - Everybody received this product in their box this month. I have received this so many times in beauty boxes and magazine freebies, so I was a little disappointed to see it again. Saying that it is a great hair product, you apply this pre-shampoo and it gives your hair bounce, shine and manageability without weighing your hair down. This product was originally created for Audrey Hepburn and is suitable for all hair types. For me, it's a product I don't get to use very often as I wash my hair in the morning and always run out of time.
Glossybox Highlighter in Cashmere, 4.5g £12.95 - Another product that everyone received was this Highlighter, created with Kryolan especially for Glossybox's birthday. I didn't think too much of this at first, but when I swatched it I saw that it gives quite a nice illuminating effect on the skin. It's quite subtle, but it gives a velvety shine when applied to the cheekbones, a great multi use product.
Essence Longlasting Lipstick, 3.8g £2.29 - I received the Lipstick in Natural Beauty which is a lovely rose pink, great for everyday. I haven't used the formula before, but I found it to be really creamy and moisturising and the colour stayed around for a while after applying which is great considering the price. I'm not a big fan of the packaging, but this will definitely be making it's way into my make-up bag. I did receive a lipstick last month though, so it would have been nice to see something different.
Yves Rocher Pink Nail Polish, 3ml £3.60 - Another pink item, to match the box was this birthday bonus nail polish. The bottle is super tiny, it's not really a colour I would pick due to having many nude/french manicure pinks in my collection. But nice as a little extra and the mini brush is great for a smooth application!
Figs & Rouge Mini Hand Cream, 20ml £3.95 - I wasn't very excited to see a hand cream, as I have many hand cream samples to use up. But this is lovely, the scent is divine - mango and mandarin and it leaves my hands super soft. The hand creams are enriched with shea butter and sinks straight into your skin without feeling greasy.
Lalique L'Amour Eau De Parfum, 2ml £67.00 full-size - Another product I wasn't very excited about. The scent is nice a musky floral which reminds me of something and it stays on the skin for hours. I haven't really heard much about this perfume before so it was nice to try something different that I wouldn't normally pick up.
Products that were also on offer were; an Essence mascara, All that Jazz cuticle balms, Comfort Zone Essentials Cleansing Milk, SuperPep Super C15 Serum and SuperPep Hydra Sun Defence SPF 30 Day Cream. On a brighter note, next month box is a collaboration with Karen Millen and every subscriber will either receive a L'Oreal Professional hair masque or oil which I'm very happy to receive. I still get really excited to discover what's in my box every month, are you subscribed to a Beauty Box?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments: