photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Sunday, September 14, 2014

END OF SUMMER BEAUTY EMPTIES - HAIR, BODY & SKINCARE

Empties posts are some of my favourite blog posts to read. I probably get through hair products the most, but this post is a mixture of beauty products which I have finished recently.
Lee Stafford My Big Fat Healthy Hair Shampoo, 250ml £5.99 - This is actually a product my mum passed onto me as she wasn't enjoying it. I used to really like Lee Stafford products when I was a teen, especially their hair growth treatment. This shampoo was ok, as it was a volume boosting formula it had grittiness to the formula which didn't make my hair feel too clean after use. It did work at creating more volume though. Would I repurchase? Probably not, but I'm interested to try the new Ubunto Oil range, which smells gorgeous!
Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Wash, 500ml £6.50 - I always have a Soap & Glory body wash on the go, this citrus scented one is the newest in the collection. I love this scent, it's great to use in the mornings to refresh and revitalise your body. I can't get enough of the pump bottles, it lathers up well and the 500ml sized bottles last ages, read more here. Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely.
Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditioner for Normal Hair, 200ml £8.75 - I featured the shampoo in another empties here. This was my first try of anything other than skincare from Liz Earle, and I wasn't disappointed. The shampoo is free from SLS and only contains naturally active ingredients, I really enjoyed the results, it left my hair glossy and soft. Would I repurchase? Yes, I really enjoyed the product.
Naked Blonder Lightening Conditioner, 250ml £3.98 - This is a great conditioner to use through the Summer months. Another natural conditioner, it really brings out my blonde highlights and I really like the Cassia and Sunflower Oil scent. I featured the shampoo here, it really moisturised my dry ends and the product didn't build up in my hair which I liked. Would I repurchase? Yes, maybe next summer.
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo, 400ml £3.99 - I have had this empty for ages, I mentioned the conditioner in this post here. I love the coconut scent, this is a product I pick up on offer as I know it works and does the job. It makes my hair feel moisturised and shiny and it's really affordable. Suitable for dry/damaged hair, my favourite product from the range has to be the intensive conditioner. Would I repurchase? Yes, if it's on offer.
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Shampoo & Conditioner, 250ml £5.99 each - I purchased this shampoo and conditioner after really enjoyed the dry texturising spray from the range. I found the bottles really tricky to get the product out, but the formula did create volume from the roots and my hair did appear thicker. The formula also contains heat protectant which you don't normally see from a shampoo or conditioner. The scent was lovely and I really enjoyed using the pair. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would try other products from the Salon at Home range.
Rituals Qi Gong Anti-Perspirant Spray, 50ml £8.00 Full-Size - This was a sample that I received from a beauty box, but I have really been enjoying Rituals products recently. This was nice to use from my usual deodorant, I liked the Organic White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren scent and the product helped me stay sweat free throughout the day. Would I repurchase? Deodorant isn't normally a product I like to spend money on, but this was lovely.
Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique, 125ml £14.60 - This is my go to heat protectant. I love the leave in cream texture, it's suitable for dry, damaged hair and the scent is heavenly. It reminds me of that classic hairdressers scent and I always apply this if I'm going to blow-dry or style my hair with straighteners. A little pricey, but a little goes a long way and the bottle lasts a while. Would I repurchase? Yes definitely, I need it back in my stash.
Beauty Protector Leave In Condtioner, Full-Size £15.00 - Another product from a beauty box, I used this while travelling and instantly got on with it. The scent is lovely when sprayed into the hair, I like that it comes with a pump and it really does help protect hair and detangle any knotty bits. It's suitable for all hair types and it's exclusive to Birchbox. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would also love to try the oil in the range.
Umberto Giannini Pure Beauty Shampoo and Intense Beauty Conditioner, 75ml £5.60 each Full-Size - I tried these hair products in a Christmas set from boots. I really like the packaging and the formulas really helped cleanse and restore my hair. My hair felt moisturised and hydrated and looked shiny. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would try other products in the range.
Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution, 250ml £9.99 - I always end up coming back to this cleansing water. It's great at cleansing, removing make-up and soothing the skin. I always make sure I have one of these on the go, you can't go wrong with this stuff. All of these skincare products featured in my Skincare routine here. Would I repurchase? Yes, always.
Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner, 150ml £18.50 - I love this toner, it's great for my oily skin. The Mint really helps to control oil and the Saw Palmetto helps to clear skin and minimise pores. I like that it gives my skin a smooth matte finish and that my skin feels refreshed after use. Would I repurchase? Yes, I need to.
Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins 50ml £34.50 - This is the oil-free mineral enriched cream which I like to apply every evening. I switch between this and the Make A Difference Treatment, they both smell lovely and renew my skin overnight. Origins has to be my favourite brand for moisturisers at the moment. Would I repurchase? Yes, I love this product.
Soap & Glory Supereyes Supereyes Moisturising Gel, 15ml - I don't think you can purchase this product any more, it has either been discontinued or the name and packaging has changed. I really like using a gel formula rather than a cream for around my eyes. As I am still in my early 20's I think it's nice to use something not too heavy and something that will hydrate my skin instead. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would purchase a different Soap & Glory eye cream.
Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, 125ml £20.00 - This is such a nice cleanser, it comes out as a gel formula and once you mix it with water it becomes a milk consistency. It's nice and light on the skin and breaks down make-up really well. Would I repurchase? Yes I would love to, but I have so many cleansers to use.
Have you tried any of these products?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment