photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

KAREN MILLEN GLOSSYBOX - SEPTEMBER 2014

Last Month, I posted my review see here, of the 3rd Anniversary Glossybox and stated that I was a bit underwhelmed with the contents. This month's box was totally different and is a collaboration with fashion brand Karen Millen. I love the London print skyline on the top of the box and I will definitely be keeping this out on display. Karen Millen's AW14 campaign is a celebration of the unique style and creativity in London hence the theme. I also received a £25.00 off voucher to spend in Karen Millen, which is a nice little extra. For me, this month's box is sky high compared to last month. I received;
ModelCo More Brows Fibre Gel Light/Medium, 3.5ml £9.00 - ModelCo is a brand that keeps popping up in beauty boxes. I have enjoyed a couple of their products and this More Brows is a great dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow. I like that I received the right shade for my hair tone and at £9.00 its half the price of the higher end version. This thickening fibre gel helps to tint brows, fill in brows and keep brows in place all day. I wouldn't be without a brow gel in my make-up routine now. What I like about this version, is it hasn't seemed to clog up yet around the top like my Benefit one does. If you haven't tried the Benefit one, I would definitely recommend picking this up first.
Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte Topcoat, 10ml £12.00 - Nails Inc have recently re-branded themselves changing their bottles as well as their logo, see my post about this here. Saying that, I received the matte polish in the old packaging. I'm not normally one for matte nails, but it's nice to have. It is also another full-size sample, which is an extra bonus. I can imagine this looking really nice over a vampy purple, perfect for Autumn.
L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Hair Masque, 75ml full-size 200ml £15.30 - This is a product I have tried before and loved. My hairdresser recommended this to me and it's great to use on dry hair to hydrate ends. It smells great and the formulation is really thick. The masque intensely nourishes and leaves a glossy look. It's suitable for all hair types and it's a great sized sample to try if you haven't already.
Vichy Normaderm Night Detox and Hydrating Care, 3ml each fullsize 50ml £12.00 40ml £15.50 - I'm very excited to use this duo, their perfect to target adult blemishes. With use, blemishes appear reduced, skin looks purified and balances excess sebum production. I do struggle with blemishes on my chin from time to time, so I'm looking forward to see some results. There is a day and night cream and they're best used in conjunction.
SkinPep Brightening Enzyme and Acid Peel and Dark Circle Eraser, 3.5ml and 2ml Trial Size £6.49 and £7.98 - These are probably my least favorite products in the box, just because they're sachets and in my house these get put somewhere and forgotten about. But after reading more about these products, I'm more interested in using them. The Enzyme and Acid Peel is a highly effective peeling gel which uses Pineapple and Papaya extracts to create gently exfoliated, soft and bright skin. The powerful dark circle eraser uses anti-oxidant ingredients to boost collagen in the delicate undereye area. You can actually buy these trial sizes on their website.
Overall, I'm really happy with this months box, much better than last months. A few full-size products and well known brands, the only thing that would of made it better for me would of been if I had received the Origins product, but you can't have it all. Glossybox also included a leaflet in the box showing us the Pop Art themed box for next month and everyone will receive a full sized Nuxe Masque worth £19.50.
What do you think of September's box?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment