photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Thursday, September 11, 2014

YSL FUSION INK FOUNDATION

In my everyday make-up post here, I mentioned that I was testing out a 7 day sample of the new YSL Fusion Ink Foundation which I got from Boots. Since then, I have enjoyed the formula that much that I have purchased the full-size version. I haven’t used a YSL foundation before but have always heard great things especially about the touché éclat make-up. I have really enjoyed YSL products recently, the rose gold primer has been one of my most used products, see my review here.
This foundation is very lightweight, non-greasy but still has a flawless medium coverage. I still have to conceal blemishes but it does a great job at evening out skin tone. The formulation is silky with a matte, velvety finish and blends nicely into the skin. I have oily skin, it does last a long time on my face, but I do find myself having to powder late afternoon to avoid a shiny forehead. I have the lightest shade B10 Porcelain which is a perfect match for my fair skin. I wouldn’t say it lasts for 24 hours like YSL claims, but who does wear foundation for that long.
The packaging is not ideal, it doesn’t come with a pump, only a wand which means application is trickier than with other foundations.  The wand is good to distribute foundation around the face, but I’m used to a pump. The frosted matte bottle is very pretty and the gold lid is so luxe. The bottle isn’t very practical, but it’s nice to see how much product you have left and does look stunning on any dressing table, but not so ideal for travelling.
There was a lot of hype around the launch of this foundation and it doesn’t disappoints. You can build the coverage and it gives a nice glowy finish. It has SPF18 and is available in 16 shades. I like to wear this in the daytime or evenings, it doesn't feel like I have a layer of make-up on at all, which is great as it doesn't clog pores. It's moisturising on the skin and feels like a powder once it's sunk in. It's really natural looking and I like the soft texture on my skin. It's priced at £30.50 for 25ml, which is pretty standard for a high-end foundation and I don't mind paying that because I know it works for me.
Will you be trying YSL's newest launch?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment