photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WOMEN'S HEALTH BIRCHBOX - JANUARY 2015

This month Birchbox have teamed up with Women’s Health to create a box specially designed for the New Year. I have tried to up my game in the fitness department recently, so this was a perfect box to receive through my door in January. The box brings both products and content that will help start the year with your best foot forward. I have to admit this is probably one of my favourite collaborations recently, I think they have got the products and the box design/content spot on!
Activbod Cooling Finish Lotion, full-size 100ml £12.00 – This isn't a brand I have heard of before, but I have seen that they are now available in Boots. This product is designed to cool you down after your workout, it’s packed with menthol so it instantly delivers a cooling sensation to the skin. The formula also contains Vitamin E which helps to moisturise as well as repair dry skin. The scent is really nice and uplifting, it contains zesty pepper, eucalyptus and lemon which is reinvigorating as well. I really like products like this to use after going to the gym, I use a similar one from Nip and Fab and mainly like to use it on my legs to relax the muscles.
Healgel Intensive, full-size 30ml £37.50 – I have wanted to try something from this brand for ages, it’s always appealed to me but the price has always held be back. Healgel products are created by a team of leading British plastic and cosmetic surgeons. Healgel Intensive is a multipurpose, skin rescue gel. It contains, organic silicone, collagen-boosting hexapeptides and arnica restore and protects your skin in areas where it’s most needed. I found the cream to be really lightweight, cooling and absorbed quickly into my skin. It can also be used as a make-up primer.
Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner, full-size 250ml £19.00 – I am a big fan of Philip Kingsley hair care. This conditioner is enhanced with Keratin proteins and natural cellulose which is used to improve the hair’s strength and condition as well as thickening the appearance of every strand. I really like to receive hair mini's in beauty boxes, this formula is perfect for adding volume and shine to flyaway locks.
Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, full-size 50ml £30.00 – I have received so many minis of this that I have never had to buy the full-size of it yet. I love Ren skincare and their masks are some of my favourite! This mask is designed to get rid of dead skin cells to renew the complexion and remove impurities. It contains natural fruit extracts and papaya extracts help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and smooth the skin’s surface. I like to leave this mask on for ten minutes and wipe away with a damp cloth, it’s nice to use as a mid-week pick me up!
Stila Lip Glaze, 2.4ml £15.00 – I don't think I have tried a product from Stila which I haven't liked. I really like that we received a full-size lip product. I’m not a big fan of the twist click pen applicator as I don't find it very easy to apply and end up using too much product, plus it’s not very hygienic. I received the shade Gleam, which is a sparkly pink toned hue which applies sheer for a wash of colour on the lips. The lip glazes also contains Vitamin A, C and E which keeps lips from drying out.
The lifestyle product that came with the box was an exclusive bright pink pilates resistance band, which also came with tips and exercises on how to use it. I have really enjoyed incorporating this into my current exercise routine, it's perfect for toning, improving your strength and muscle endurance. The box also offered us an exclusive subscription offer! It didn't make me want to subscribe to Women’s Health, but it certainly made me go and buy the current magazine. We also received a sachet of Embrace Matcha Green Tea which contains 10 times the antioxidants of regular green tea, I'm looking forward to trying it!
Are you subscribed to Birchbox?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment