photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SUMMER READY SKINCARE

As summer is upon us, it’s even more important than usual to incorporate protective products into our everyday skincare routine. I like to use some sort of SPF day to day but as the sun hopefully gets brighter in the UK it’s even more vital to use different products which will shield your sensitive skin from the harmful rays. This time last year I was a month away from going on holiday to Rome. This year, I haven’t got a holiday booked as yet but it’s just as significant to defend your skin from the sun in the UK. I must admit I am lazy when it comes to SPF, I don’t like to add products to my routine which build up extra layers onto my skin. I like to try and use multi-use products that do a number of different jobs as well as providing SPF.
A new product which I have integrated into my morning skincare routine is the No7 Early Defence Day Moisturiser which contains an SPF 15 and 5 Star UVA protection. This moisturiser is super lightweight and is designed to keep young skin looking younger for longer. This moisturiser has double defence technology, doesn’t block pores and boosts skin’s natural defences. As I have combination skin I really like the gel like texture as it just sinks into my skin and it makes me look and feel great, ready for the day ahead. In the range is also a night cream and an eye cream which work together to create the best protection.
I then like to apply a base over my moisturiser. In the Summer I like to go for something lighter like a BB or CC cream, especially on holiday or days where I don’t need too much coverage. Recently I have been using the Clinique Anti Blemish BB Cream which contains an SPF 40. I love how lightweight this is, it blends so nicely into the skin and it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing make-up at all. It still gives me the buildable coverage I need for day to day wear and the high protection means I don’t have to worry about being out in the sun. I always worry that BB creams come out way too dark, but I have the shade light and I think this suits my natural colour well. You could apply this with your fingers but I like to blend it in with a buffing brush. This Anti Blemish formula is mattifying on the skin and combines oil control, so another perfect product for my combination skin. It has UVA/UVB protection for a shine-free complexion which wears up to 12 hours. I can see this product becoming a firm favourite in my summer make-up bag! You can find Clinique's full range here.
An area that can be sometimes forgotten to protect is our lips. The Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balms are probably my favourite multiuse drugstore lip balms, I currently have two shades; pink and peach. These lip balms contain an SPF 15 as well as adding a hint of colour to the lips. I love how pigmented these shades are for a lip balm. It means I only need one product instead of using a separate SPF and lip colour. The balms are ultra-hydrating on the lips and leave a shiny, glossy finish. They’re also formulated with Vitamin E, Aloe and Shea Butter to moisture as well as protect your lips. You could even use these under or over your lipstick for added protection.
As well as applying SPF it is also important to make sure you are taking it all off your skin properly before you go to sleep. I like to use a balm cleanser with a muslin cloth to moisturise the skin as well as keeping my skin hydrated. Currently I’m using the Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm which is perfect for all skin types. This cleansing balm is lightweight and quickly dissolves stubborn eye and face make-up, including those with sunscreen. I love balm type products which turn into a silky, fluid oil, this is really refreshing on my skin and completely gets rid of make-up and daily grime. A little goes a long way and it leaves my skin completely clean, super soft and its fragrance free so perfect for sensitive skin. Caroline Hirons raves about this cleansing balm and says it’s probably the best balm cleanser you will find for price, functionality and efficacy. They also have a make-up remover, cleansing milk and oil in the range. It really is that simple to include products that contain SPF into your everyday skincare routine, if you look after your skin in the short term, your skin will thank you in the long run. You can find more skincare options here.
What are your favourite products that contain SPF?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest
*Collaborative Feature

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, I love using Clinique products for Summer - always makes my skin look and feel great :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete