photo milkbubbleteadraft_zps63a96196.png

Thursday, January 21, 2016

NEW YEAR BEAUTY PRODUCT EMPTIES

It's a new year and I think most people feel the need to declutter and get rid of things they don't need. Whether this is downsizing your wardrobe or finishing half used beauty products that have been hanging around your bathroom. These are some of the products I have finished recently.
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, 90ml £13.00 - This has to be one of the stand out products from The Body Shop for a while. I really enjoyed using this up, it’s super moisturising on the skin and takes every little bit of make-up off. It’s not harsh around the eye area and you only need a little piece to clean your whole face. It's really gentle on my skin and has quite a subtle scent, so it's not overpowering at all. Would I repurchase? Yes, I’m currently using the cleansing oil in my shower from the same range.
Liz Earle Limited Edition Orange Flower & Chamomile Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, 150ml  - Cleanse and Polish is my go to cleanser, if my skin is playing up I know I can rely on this to help it get back to normal. I try and purchase the limited edition scents to mix up my usual skincare routine. I use this most days as it’s moisturising on the skin and dissolves make-up straight away. It's suitable for all skin types and age ranges, so I can see myself using this product for a while. Would I repurchase? Always, I have to have a backup in my stash. See my full review on the scent here.
John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo & Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner, 250ml £5.89 each  - I was excited to see a hair care duo suited to my hair type in Boots. I liked the minty fresh scent which felt cooling on my scalp. I wouldn’t say these did something special for my hair, but they’re great to use for everyday use. The shampoo is lightweight, adds texture and increases manageability and shine. Would I repurchase? Yes, if the products were on offer like they are now.
Batiste Stylist Texture Me Texturizing Spray, 200ml £4.49 I’m really into using a texturizing spray when styling my hair, so when I saw the new styling products from Batiste I had to give this one a try. I like using this to add a bit more volume and grit into the lengths of my hair. You can build it up in the hair to create different styles for different occasions. It doesn’t feel sticky at all, but I do have to top it up to make it last in my hair to separate my layers. The product is infused with Keratin & Inca Inchi oil to help strengthen your hair. Would I repurchase? Yes, I wish they did a mini size so I could fit it in my handbag.
Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Wash, 500ml £6.50This is one of my favourite shower gels, saying that I’m a big fan of all Soap & Glory shower gels. I like the fresh green mandarin, sicilian lemon and sweet orange peel oils, as it’s so refreshing and wakes you up in the morning. It’s moisturising on my skin and foams up nicely. You can also layer the scent with the other Orange scented products in the range. I've said it before, I love the large pump bottles, I wish Lush products came in these. Would I repurchase? Yes, I always have a Soap & Glory body wash in my shower. See my full review on the Orangeasm range here.
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Butter 50ml, Irrisistibubble Gift Set £5.00 I received this deluxe sample sized product in a gift set, another one of the delicious scents from Soap & Glory. I like the texture of this moisturiser, it sinks into my skin as it’s nice and light and great to use in the Summer months. The moisturiser contains Shea butter and Cocoa Nut Balm so it's really soothing on the skin. Would I repurchase? Yes, love this scent in Summer.
Dove Compressed Original Anti-Perspirant, 75ml £2.99 I normally use Mitchum deodorant, but these compressed deodorants are great to take on holiday with me. Dove have re-engineered the spray system thus reducing the amount of gas needed to deliver the same level of antiperspirant ingredient with each spray. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would buy again if I was taking it away with me.
Colab Sheer & Invisible Dry Shampoo in Rio, 50ml £2.00 I think I received this product in a beauty box. I really like the Batiste dry shampoo in the tropical scent so I knew I was going to like this Rio scent, it has notes of papaya, pineapple and a heart of cassis. It really helps to absorb oil and refreshes roots, it feels lightweight in my hair and I like that it leaves no residue. Would I repurchase? Yes, I need to try some of the other scents.
This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water, 200ml £21.00 - I haven't tried many products from This Works, but the ones I have I've really enjoyed. I like to use a micellar water to take the bulk of my make-up off before cleansing with a hot cloth. This rosewater cleanser removes make-up, decongests and brightens the skin. I would say it's not great around the eye area, but it doesn't dry my skin out as it's refreshing and boosts elasticity. Would I repurchase? Maybe, it is quite pricey compared to Bioderma which does practically the same job.
Aussie Shower Smoothie Shower Gel, 250ml £2.99 I’m a huge fan of the Aussie hair line, so when I saw they were releasing body washes I knew I wanted to give one a try. This scent is super sweet, similar to their Miracle Moist hair care line which I love. It contains Australian Macadamia nut oil which leaves skin smooth and silky. I would prefer a pump bottle as it's so much easier to use in the shower, but I can't fault the product. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would like to try the other scents.
Have you tried any of these products?
you can also find me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or pinterest

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. always wanted to try the cleanse and polish! just finished reading your review and i think im sold haha xx

    Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete